Do you want to build an army list for Age of Sigmar games quickly, easily, and freely? Well you can! Over on the Warhammer Community site.
The army builder allows you to build a Matched Play army or a wound count balanced army list. One item of note is that you are able to select the General’s hand book or the General Handbook 2. Now I do not know of a second General’s Handbook, so there may be another publication on the way!
How to use the Warhammer Community Army Builder
The army builder is easy to use.
- Select the version of General’s Handbook you are using
- Select the Grand Alliance you are wanting to build
- Select a faction and Alliance that you want to start with. You ca re-visit this section later if you want to have units in your army from several factions!
- Notice that the headings on the next line suggest the maximum number of units you can have for each section (after the slash) and the number of units you have added to your list (before the slash)
- For each of the sections click on the ‘Add Units’ button. There will be a number on the add units button showing how many unit types are available in the section for that faction. This means if there are zero choices available, don’t br too surprised that no unit choices are displayed!
- Notice that each unit added showed the number of wounds(marked by a hart), and the number of points(marked by a star). Also note that there is a dustbin icon that allows you to remove the unit from your list, and a copy icon that lets you duplicate a unit easily.
- Notice that if a unit has options that these can be set with drop-down boxes in the unit boxes. For example there is a ‘Genera’ on/off button where you can select a unit as your General.
- At the end of the units box there is a grey vertical bar. You can click and drag this bar to re-organize your units within a section.
- Right at the bottom is are a set of Save, Load, and Clear buttons. For excitement I will let you discover what these are for, but they are good, so give them a go (hint: use the save button first!)
- Also see: Warhammer Community Army Builder